Contemporary Westchester Design
Extensive knowledge of horticulture, civil engineering and artistry are needed in working with northeastern plant species to create unique gardens.We have the expertise in horticulture, landscape design and garden design to create sustainable gardens using native plants in exciting ways while also using not-so-native plants as interesting and inspiring focal points. Whether it is creating a new landscape design or revitalizing and enriching the soil in an older yard and grounds, we listen to your vision and plan luxurious and manageable gardens. As your garden designer, we provide landscape designs which use various aspects of your garden to create a harmonious area that you can be proud of.
Landscape Design Services
Total Turf Inc. is pleased to now offer our clients expanded landscape design services including personal consultations to design and implement the customized lawn and garden you want for your home.
Steps to Create your Landscape Design:
1) Initial Consultation:
- An Initial consultation by phone is the first step in our process.
- Our designer will ask you about your landscape and establish your goals for a site visit.
- This phone call usually lasts 15 minutes.
- After that conversation, we will determine which member of our team is ideal for a site visit. (We have an extensive team including a designer, two horticulturists, a turf and irrigation specialist, an arborist).
2) Site Visit
- The initial site visit is generally less than an hour and is complimentary .
- During this visit we will discuss budget, time frame, and scope of project.
- Once the scope-of-work is agreed upon, project design will be billed at the rate of $150.00 an hour.
3) Development and Presentation of the Preliminary Design
- A preliminary design will be developed based on our site evaluation, and the client’s goals and requirements.
- We will follow the meeting with a final proposal including a plant list, materials, equipment, labor, and design costs.
- The designer and a horticulturist will visit the property to review of the design with you, and make any necessary changes.
- Ideally we will implement a project quickly as the plants we suggest have seasonal availability.
4) On-Site Approval of Plant Placement
- Before final installation, our designer will visit your site to confirm all plants are laid out correctly and ask for the client’s final approval of plant placements.
Please call our office to schedule an initial consultation. We look forward to working with you.