Join the team
Total Turf Inc. is a full-service , high-end landscape company. We offer vacations, holidays, 401K’s and health insurance to our full-time employees. Total Turf is a drug-free workplace and drug testing is required prior to employment.
CLICK HERE FOR JOB APPLICATION
We are looking to hire full-time employees for the following positions:
This job includes, but is not limited to:
- Annual and Perennial care
- Shrub and Tree care
- Tree, shrub, and soil pest control and diagnostics (IPM)
- Plant installation from cultivar selection to after care
- Read architectural plans
- Fertilizing and soil chemistry optimization
- Participation in and directing horticulturally sound pruning practices
- Heavy machine operation – excavator, skid steer, loader, etc.
- Excellent customer relations (e.g. discuss pruning, horticulture, irrigation needs, and other concerns)
- Crew management/employee training/mentoring
- Winter snow removal
- Proficiency in using e-mail and Microsoft Office
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Education requirements: prefer two or four year degree in horticulture or related field with a knowledge of local landscape plant material including nomenclature, growth habits, design considerations, pests, etc. Pesticide licensing in NY and CT a plus.
Experience: Experience in the landscape industry, including crew management. The right person will work closely with new and current customers.
Must have a clean driver’s license.
Salary: commensurate with experience
- A thorough knowledge of applying fertilizer and pest control products
- Know-how to calibrate spreaders and sprayers and measure product properly
- Manage 1 or 2 employees to help with applications
- Perform some administrative duties in DEC reporting
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients
Candidates for this role should have specific experience running spray and application equipment, which often involves heavy lifting of hoses, equipment, and product.
Must be able to safely handle chemicals: measuring, mixing, and applying with attention to detail.
Must be able to work independently and be self-directed.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- NY Pesticide License preferred, not required
- Clean and valid driver’s license required
- Be neat in presentation and organized
Pay: $20.00/hr and up depending on experience
The ideal candidate will be responsible, a self-starter, team player.
- Oversee all aspects of landscape maintenance (mowing, gardening, pruning, plant installation & maintenance, annual flower installation)
- Oversee the construction of outdoor spaces
- Crew supervision and training
- Operation of commercial landscape machinery
- Delegate tasks and oversee the use of tools and equipment
- Ensure all crew members obey health and safety regulations and protocols
- Have a good knowledge of turf, plants, trees, and annuals
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Clean driver’s license
- College degree in related fields a plus
- Any relevant certificates for the industry a plus
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal instructions
- Sound knowledge of pesticides and chemicals, including plant fertilizers
- Must be able to safely lift 75 lbs
- Have a knowledge of both herbaceous and woody plants
The ideal candidate will have good leadership, communication, problem-solving, and planning skills. If you have a positive attitude, good work ethic, enjoy working outdoors, and want to grow with an exceptional team we would like to hear from you.
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Our Services include:
- Traditional and Organic Lawn Fertilization
- Lawn Maintenance – Mowing & Edging – Weekly
- Lawn Irrigation
- Lawn Core Aeration
- Lawn Overseeding
- Lawn Weed and Crabgrass Control
- Lawn Renovation – Spot Seeding
- Lawn Fertilization
- Lawn Insect / Grub Control
- Lime Applications
- Spring and Fall Cleanups
- Garden Tending – Primping and Deadheading
- Cultural Care of Roses & Flowers – For Repetitive Blooming
- Staking of Perennials & Annuals
- Garden Weeding, Edging, & Mulching
- Spray Monthly for Deer Browsing Prevention
- Prune Shrubs to Assure Proper Scale is Maintained
- Fertilization of Trees, Shrubs, Planting Beds
- Full Scope Plant Health Care
- Garden Irrigation Monitoring and Maintenance
- Fall Bulb Installation
- Winter Mulch
- Winterizing Landscapes
- Spraying of organic oils for tick and pest control